August 21, 2020
Posted In: AT Still Library News, AT Still Memorial Library
The A.T. Still Memorial Library is pleased to add VisualDx to our wide range of educational curriculum support collections.
What is VisualDx
VisualDx is a website and mobile app that provides problem-oriented decision support for differential diagnosis, testing, and therapeutic decisions. VisualDx includes the Differential Builder, which provides a symptom-based approach to diagnosis. VisualDx has thousands of images that can be used to diagnose multiple medical and oral health conditions.
The VisualDx diagnosis database covers 3,100 diagnoses represented by 42,000 of the best medical images and 3,700 Sympticons to visually represent disease. VisualDx content covers general medicine as well as oral medicine, infectious disease, dermatology, STDs, travel medicine, and more.
VisualDx is also the most widely used dermatologic resource with the most diverse medical image library (28.5% of images are Fitzpatrick type IV-VI).
To access VisualDx:
- Visit the library’s web page
- Click on “Databases”
- Find VisualDx on the alphabetical listing under “V”
- Alternatively, bookmark this web address
To use the app:
- Register a personal account VisualDx by connecting to it via the library’s web page
- Create a personal account on VisualDx using your ASTSU email
- Download the app and use your personal VisualDx account to access the app
The value of VisualDx:
- Tackle challenging diagnoses – Build a differential in seconds. VisualDx shows variation of disease to solve complex patient presentations.
- The power of visualization — Combine the world’s best medical images with exclusive Sympticon technology to visualize diseases, symptoms, and medication reactions.
- Speed to answer — Smart search by chief complaint, diagnosis, or medication. Quickly access diagnosis information, medical images, review medication reactions, best tests, therapy options, and more.
- Enhanced patient satisfaction — Share images with patients to build confidence and trust in the decision-making process.
- Exam prep — Test your visual diagnostic skills by taking our quiz (only available in the mobile app) based on our medical image library.
We welcome you to view video tutorials to learn more about the features of VisualDx.